Thursday, June 12, 2008

LIFE AS A TEENAGER


LIFE AS A TEENAGER

New research says that teenagers' brains are different and this is thought to account for the rages that they get into. Then there's surging hormones, changing bodies, experiments in social and sexual relationships. And what are all those unsuitable clothes and experiments with makeup and body piercing about? Let alone drugs… and most parents hope teenagers do let them alone, which makes drugs all the more enticing to young people. This is also the time of huge exam pressures. From GCSEs, through A levels to degree, then hopefully the first job, it feels like there'll never be a summer without high anxiety. Physiology, psychology and pharmacology: can medical science help to make this rite of passage any easier? The first programme looks at the hormonal changes that are the hallmark of the teenage years. Reports have suggested that children are reaching puberty earlier - Connie finds out if this is true. She meets an agony aunt who tells her what concerns bring teenagers to her, and she talks to teenagers themselves about what it's like for them going through great hormonal changes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

my life as a teenager is totally awesome! aside from having all those cool friends, i also have those inspiring crushes hanging around the campus...my gosh!being a teenager is the most treasuring experience on my existence..!

GaLsTeRs♀ said...

I love your blog. You totally explained the wants and needs of the sixteens.But it's different for me because I'm not yet sixteen. The layout is nice. I love light colors!
-Shamaine

GaLsTeRs♀ said...

Aloha! Your blog suits for my parents , so that they will realize more and understand the problems and confusing situations that a teen like me encounters.And you explained to us the things that a sixteen year old lady commonly needs.But my life as a teenager is totally exciting and fun because I HAVE GOOD FRIENDS,COMPETITORS AND GOOD ENEMIES..And I have loving and supportive parents.

-abad_shin-

micas said...

Your blog can be a source of where should we study for our college life and what course should we take as we are going to leave our high school life. Nice blog girls!

-M.Castidad

rs_claire said...

I like your blog. Because as a teenager I can relate the needs and problems of sixteen. And 4 months later I have a sweet 16th birthday. Yeheey!